Thanksgiving Special – Healthy Pecan Pie [Gluten-Free]
In case you didn’t know, pecans are so tasty, they rank number two in popularity only behind peanuts. They offer an amazing benefit to human diet due to their antioxidant activity.
If you love pies and healthy recipes, this pecan gluten-free option will definitely be one of your best choices this season.
Healthy Pecan Pie
Preparation time: 45 minutes Total servings: 12
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 egg
- 1/5 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. or 180 degrees C.
- To make the pie dough, mix the ingredients to the crust in a food processor. The dough can also be made by hand, if you don´t have any food processor.
- Shape the dough into a pie dish, prebake the dough in the oven for 10 minutes, or til its golden brown.
- While the pie crust is in the oven, prepare the filling, by mixing all the ingredients, apart from the pecans together in a food processor.
- Lift out the dish from the oven, let crust cool for a little bit before you add the filling.
- Now, place the filling in a pile and separately mix the pecans, just for a few seconds.
- Poor the filling into the pre-baked pie crust and sprinkle the pecans on the top and bake for 25 minutes.
- Optional serve your pean pie with some greek yoghurt for a tasty and healthy Thanksgiving treat.