Healthy & Delicious Weekend Dinner: Cajun Shrimp with Quinoa
Weekend Dinner Idea! Who has said that eating healthy has to be boring and less tasty?
This two course dinner isn’t only going to satisfy you mentally, also nutritionally.
It’s a spicy cajun shrimp dish to start off with, that will give your metabolism a boost. Followed by a sweet, creamy and tasty dessert.
Delicious weekend dinner ideas:
Cajun shrimp with quinoa
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Shrimps 2.5 oz
Tomato 3 oz
Jalapenos 0.25 oz
Onion 2.5 oz
Garlic clove 1
Tomato paste 0.4 oz
Olive oil 0.2 fl oz
Quinoa 0.7 oz
Low-fat mozzarella cheese 0.6 oz
1) Toss the shrimp and some Cajun seasoning together, set aside.
2) Toss the tomatoes with olive oil and some Cajun seasoning, set aside
3) Heat cooking spray over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Cook the shrimp until opaque. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4) Coat the pan with cooking spray along with the onion, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until the onion and jalapeno are tender, stirring often. Mix in the quinoa, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning and tomato chunks. Top with the shrimp and then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
5) Place in the oven and bake at 350 Farenheit for a 3 minutes. During the last minute, turn on the broiler to high and broil until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Banana chocolate pudding
Preparation time: 10 minutes Total servings: 2
Serving size: 1
Banana 8.7 oz
Unsweetened cocoa powder 0.5 oz
Almond butter 0.5 oz
Maple syrup 1.5 fl oz
Almond milk 1.5 fl oz
1) Peel the bananas and place them into a food processor.
2) Add the cocoa powder, almond butter, syrup, and milk. Blend until smooth
3) Serve chilled