Improve Your Digestion Naturally With Kefir
Most people are familiar with a variety of fermented products such as yogurt, buttermilk, sour cream butter and so on.
But there is also something called kefir, which is not quite as common as other fermented products.
So, what’s kefir?
Kefir is very useful and beneficial as it contains bacteria that help the body with everything, from improving digestion to maintaining a functioning immune system.
The drink is very popular in Eastern and Northern Europe but has also spread to other parts of the world.
Kefir has a long history and used to be consumed in the northern areas of Caucasus mountains. It has also been said that Kefir is the secret to why Caucasians have such good health and become so old.
It can be made from all different kinds of milks, such as cow, goat, sheep, camel and so on. It’s even possible to make coconut milk kefir!
The fermented milk – Kefir, consists of many different types of bacteria, more than 50 different strains, which makes kefir one of the most potent probiotic foods available.
Besides that, kefir is also rich in vitamins and minerals. Including: thiamine, vitamin B12, folate and vitamin K2 and an impressive amount of minerals, such as calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, which makes kefir a better alternative than many other alternatives.
7 Powerful benefits of kefir:
- Improves the immune system and helps the body fight disease.
- Promotes healthy intestinal, reduces flatulence.
- Naturally improves the function of the digestive system.
- Reduces the risk of eczema in children and adolescents.
- Helps eliminate bad breath.
- Helps with everything from indigestion to keep intruders away.
- Down regulate inflammation in the intestine and increase the production of anti-inflammatory cytokines (protein) that can reduce the inflammation.
So it’s really worth considering adding this superfood to your diet, if you want to get all the benefits of it.
My suggestion is to simply start by swapping your yogurt for kefir and see what you think and how you experience it in comparison to plain yogurt.
If you have any questions, please feel free to connect with your coaches and get all your questions answered right away!