10 Powerful Reasons to Start Using Turmeric
Turmeric grows South and Southeast Asia. It’s one of the most used ingredients in Pakistani, Indian, Persian and Thailand. The roots are harvested annually and can be used in everything from cooking to medical use. It has incredibly powerful benefits and medicinal values. This is why should you start using it…
Benefits of Turmeric :
- A hint that Turmeric will work medically is that the number of people who get Alzheimer’s in India is much lower than in the West.
- Cur-cumin, which is the active ingredient of turmeric, is an antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It reduces inflammation of the joints and can therefore be used to prevent arthritis.
- Can prevent development of type 2 diabetes by reducing insulin resistance and inflammatory reaction causing obesity.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fight free radicals.
- Turmeric has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
- It speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
- Can be used to detoxify the body by protecting the liver from impurities and stimulate production of bile.
- Protects against bacteria such as salmonella and protozoa that cause diarrhea.
How to use Turmeric:
Spice up your meals
Add some zest to cooked vegetables, eggs, chicken and meat. You can also add it to boiling water you’re using to make rice, stews, couscous, soups, and more.
Make Golden Milk
Extremely simple, use some 1/2 cup of boiled water and 1/2 cup almond milk, add in a teaspoon dried Turmeric, a pinch cinnamon and black pepper. Sweeten with some honey. Mix well and serve right away!
Turmeric milk is perfect if you wish to improve your general immunity against a host of diseases. It is especially useful in the cold and flu season. Make it an even more powerful habit and pick up turmeric milk on an empty stomach in the morning or just before bedtime.
I would recommend Tumeric supplements, especially when traveling and am unable to cook with it.