The benefits of jumping rope
Do you remember the time during your childhood when you were jumping rope? Well, the jumping rope is now part of many training sessions and brings a lot of benefits to your body! It is easy and great for all fitness levels and fits with different training goals: strength, endurance, fat loss or performance. Moreover, you can do this training anywhere. So, no more excuses!
Let’s see why the jumping rope should be part of your daily training by reviewing all the benefits!
- Burn fat: a research has shown that you can burn 1,300 calories per hour (0.1 calories consumed per jump)! Jumping for 10 minutes is equivalent to run an eight-minute mile.
- More muscle engaged: if you are doing heavy jump ropes, you engage different muscles which lead to faster results.
- Cardio: the jumping rope is a cardio activity which means that your heart rate is two or three times faster than other exercises. It has basically the same benefits as running but with less impact on the joints.
- Mental development: jumping with rope develops the left and right hemispheres of your brain which can bring you several benefits such as improving your spatial awareness, reading skills, memory, and attention. By jumping rope, you are always forcing your brain to do quick calculations about the rope’s distance, the speed, the position of your body in order to ensure the rotation keeps going. So, you are using your cognitive function all the time!
- It’s fun: if we did it when we were young, no doubts, it’s funny! And you can share this moment with a partner! We all know that if we want to see fast and lasting results, the secret is consistency! This is easier to be consistent when you enjoy it! Moreover, the rope gives you the freedom to workout anywhere. If you like to workout outside with the fresh air, then go outside! You can also challenge yourself or compete with other partners! You decide!