The cold and bad weather outside announces the return of the long and hot soak! Nothing is more relaxing than taking a dip in the tub. In order to enjoy this bath season better, you can toss in your bath one of these pretty glitter bath bombs, adding a pleasant smell and colors! What if you could prepare these bath bombs yourself? More natural, cheaper and you can choose the smell that you want! Plus, it’s easier than what you think!
Bath bombs are composed of essential oils and beneficial minerals that can help relieve tense muscles and itchy skin, and above all, it can help relax your mind! With just a bath bomb, you can almost create a spa-like experience at home!
The basic ingredients include:
🔸1 cup baking soda
🔸1/2 cup citric acid
🔸1/2 cup Epsom salt
🔸2 tablespoons carrier oil of choice (coconut oil is a good choice)
🔸1 tablespoon water
🔸30-40 drops of essential oils (lavender, orange, rose or eucalyptus are the best)
🔸A pinch of mica glitter
🔸1 teaspoon beet powder for color (optional)
For the molds, you can buy metal molds online or you can easily find plastic molds at the craft store. Otherwise, you can just form the bombs by using your hands.
- In a large bowl, mix well the baking soda, the citric acid, the Epsom salt, and the beet powder.
- Add the 2 tablespoons carrier oil of your choice and the essential oil. Mix until combined.
- Add the water (it will foam a bit) and stir well until the mixture stick together. If needed, you can add more water (slowly) in order to reach the right consistency.
- Sprinkle glitter into both sides of the molds and push the baking soda mixture into molds and press the sides together to create a ball.
- Let stand for 14 hours.
- Then, you can remove it from the molds. If you struggle to remove it, you can let them 10 minutes in the freezer and try again.
- Try to use it before 2 weeks 🙂