If you want to change your traditional salad for another healthy dish, this couscous salad could be a great fit! Beautiful colors, textures, flavors and perfect for your nutrition.
🔸1 butternut squash
🔸2 tablespoons olive oil
🔸1 1/2 cups pearl couscous (if you can’t find, replace it by orzo pasta or the traditional couscous).
🔸3 cups baby spinach
🔸1/2 cup red onions (thinly sliced)
🔸1/2 cup dried cranberries
🔸1/2 cup toasted pecans
🔸3 tablespoons orange juice
🔸1 tablespoon dijon mustard
🔸1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
🔸3 tablespoons honey
🔸2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
🔸1/3 cup olive oil
Preheat the oven. Peel and dice the butternut squash and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast them during 20-25 minutes in the oven.
Prepare the couscous (see package for cooking time and instructions).
For the dressing, pour the orange juice, mustard, garlic powder, apple cider, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Screw on the lid and shake. Add salt and pepper if needed.
In the bowl of your choice, bring together all the ingredients of the salad and gently add the serving.
Ready to eat!
A quick healthy recipe, easy to prepare and high in protein. Be ready to hit the day!
🔸40g grated gruyere cheese
🔸150g white cheese 40%
🔸1 puff pastry
- Distribute the puff pastry into the pie dish. Prick crust with a fork in several places. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash the spinach and tomatoes. Finely cut the onions and cook them in a pan with olive oil. Then add the spinach.
- In a salad bowl, whip the eggs with the white cheese. Add salt and pepper
- Spread the spinach and the grated gruyere cheese on the puff pastry. Pour the eggs and the white cheese, then add the tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Then add the onions and bake again for 5 additional minutes
Sun is there and it feels like holidays! So we need the freshness of a Greek Salad!
- 1/2 red onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (large ripe, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 100 grams feta cheese (/3½oz reduced fat, drained and cut into cubes)
- 50 grams black olives (/1¾oz, pitted and drained, in brine not oil and preferably Kalamata olives)
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pita bread (wholemeal, warmed)
- Put the onion, tomatoes, and cucumber in a bowl and season to taste.
- Scatter the feta, olives and mint leaves on top. Sprinkle over the oregano and toss lightly. Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice and serve with warmed pitta bread.
And you have your Greek salad! Enjoy!
Fit Girl’s Kitchen continue sharing another one of her favorite recipes. Granola is not only a satisfying, easy to make and filling, it’s also a nutritious contribution to your breakfast. Hence, it also suits those of you who wants to lose weight. One serving is around half a cup. Enjoy and happy weekend!
In case you didn’t know, pecans are so tasty, they rank number two in popularity only behind peanuts. They offer an amazing benefit to human diet due to their antioxidant activity.
If you love pies and healthy recipes, this pecan gluten-free option will definitely be one of your best choices this season.
Surprise your family with these lovely and healthy raspberry oatmeal bars!
All you need is a few in ingredients and less than 30 minutes.
You will find more inspirations for desserts i our blog, or get your own coach to manage your holiday temptations.
You are going to love this simple and tasty roasted salmon with sweet potato recipe!
Ready in only 15 minutes, it’s very easy to prepare and will give you a great number of nutrients in one serving.
Lets get the cooking started!
Looking for more tasty recipes? Head over to the recipe category or even better get your own, easy to follow recipes in your meal plan.
Late night snacking doesn’t have to mean crisps or salted peanuts.
Something like this super easy roasted tomato with parmesan cheese can satisfy your need for something savory, without having to give up on your healthy eating.
For more unexpected snack ideas or even and a full, personalized meal plan, start here!
Whether you’re a vegetarian or you’ve just been trying to incorporate more meatless meals into your dinner routine, this seitan & broccoli stir-fry is a must do!
It’s a quick vegan recipe perfect for busy weeknights.
If you can’t find seitan in your closest store, don’t worry! Tofu or tempeh works as good as seitan.
Get more inspiration to get your meatless cooking started and take advantage of asking your own nutritionist about it. Continue reading