Sun is there and it feels like holidays! So we need the freshness of a Greek Salad!
- 1/2 red onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (large ripe, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 100 grams feta cheese (/3½oz reduced fat, drained and cut into cubes)
- 50 grams black olives (/1¾oz, pitted and drained, in brine not oil and preferably Kalamata olives)
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pita bread (wholemeal, warmed)
- Put the onion, tomatoes, and cucumber in a bowl and season to taste.
- Scatter the feta, olives and mint leaves on top. Sprinkle over the oregano and toss lightly. Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice and serve with warmed pitta bread.
And you have your Greek salad! Enjoy!