Madeleine Shaw 26-year-old nutritionist and cookery writer makes healthy cooking easier. She is all about the healing power of food and today she is sharing a delicious perfect brunch recipes: spinach waffle recipe with fried eggs and mushrooms with us. Want to know more about Madeleine, her wellness community and try more delicious recipes? Visit her beautiful website. But first you got to try this mind-blowing recipe – the perfect brunch!
200g of mushrooms
2 tbsp of avocado oil
1 fresh red chilli
1 crushed garlic clove
1tsp of dried thyme
190g of porridge Oats
2 tsp of baking powder
3 tbsp of coconut oil
50g of spinach
170ml of almond milk (or other plant based milk)
Olive oil to serve
salt and pepper
- Grab your blender of food processor and place in the oats. Process until they form a flour like consistency, throw in the baking powder, a pinch of salt, the spinach, 2 eggs, coconut oil, milk and blend until smooth.
- Heat your waffle container so it warms up ready to get waffling.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and the red chilli.
- Heat 1 tbsp of avocado oil and sauté the mushrooms, chilli, garlic and thyme with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes.
- While this is cooking pour the waffle mix into the waffle machine and shut it closed.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- While this is cooking, heat another pan to a medium to high heat with 1 tbsp of avocado oil and a pinch of salt.
- Fry 4 eggs in the pan (one at a time- depending on pan size) for 2 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Serve with the waffles, mushrooms, salt, pepper and a drizzle of Olive oil.