We are getting closer and closer to summer. Perhaps you are longing for something more light and fresh these days. Karen behind Secret Squirrel Food is a creative mind, photographer and the sneaky chef behind the popular Instagram account. Her website consists of great collection of recipes that celebrates the pleasures of eating simple, real, natural and wholesome food. Today Secret Squirrel Food shares her delicious piece of Heirloom Tomatoe & Halloumi Salad with us.
Heirloom Tomato & Halloumi Salad
Total servings: 4
1 block halloumi cheese
8 medium heirloom tomatoes
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
¼ cup coriander leaves
Sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle of balsamic fig glaze
1. Heat non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Slice halloumi to 1cm thick slices and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown.
3. Thinly slice heirloom tomatoes and carefully arrange on a large platter.
4. Add halloumi to the tomato salad, sprinkle pomegranate seeds, coriander, salt and pepper.
5. Lightly drizzle with balsamic fig glaze.
The salad can be served either as a side dish, a starter, or as a light main dish. Enjoy!