Do you feel like you have been overeating during your holidays? You are not alone, most of us have a tendency to do it. But wait! There is still hope.
Find inspiration to get back on track after the holidays with these 4 recipes from the BeYou app.
Get your healthy cooking started!
Green goodness smoothie
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Blueberries 1.3 oz
Unsweetened cocoa powder 0.08 oz
Avocado 1.5 oz
Banana 0.75 oz
Spinach 1/2 bundle
Honey 0.75 oz
Add all ingredients in a blender along with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth. Serve chilled.
Leafy Orange salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Lemon juice 0.33 fl oz
Olive oil 0.2 fl oz
Honey 0.25 oz
Garlic clove 1
Orange 3.4 oz
Arugula leaves bundle
1) To prepare the dressing, mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Peel the orange and slice into slices
2) Place the arugula leaves leaves in a bowl and spread the orange slices over it and pour the dressing untop of it and serve.
Spicy asparagus tempeh stir-fry
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Vegtable broth 2 fl oz
Soy sauce 0.5 fl oz
Cornstarch 0.2 oz
Sesame oil 0.33 fl oz
Tempeh 2 oz
Garlic clove 1
Red pepper flakes
Shitake mushrooms 1.7 oz
Brown medium grain rice 1.7 oz
1) Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut spears diagonally into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
2) Combine vegetable broth, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Set aside.
3) Heat 1 tsp Sesame seeds oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh, and stir-fry until golden. Remove tempeh from pan; set aside
4) Heat remaining 1 tsp Sesame seeds oil in same pan. Add minced garlic, chopped red pepper, asparagus, and mushrooms to pan, and stir-fry until asparagus is crisp-tender
5) Add broth mixture; bring to a boil, and cook until thickened. Add tempeh, and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Banana-oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Total servings: 16 cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie
Oat flour 3.7 oz
Oats 4 oz
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1/3 tsp
Sugar 3.5 oz
Soy milk 2.6 fl oz
Vanilla 1/2 tsp
Banana 1.5 oz
Walnuts 1 oz
Vegan semi-sweet chocolate 1.8 oz
1) Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients (through sugar) in a bowl. Whisk together oil, soy milk, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
2) Add wet mixture to dry ingredients; stir to combine. Fold in banana, chopped walnuts, and chocolate chips.
3) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough onto pan with a small ice-cream scoop
4) Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning baking sheet halfway through. Let cool on a wire rack.