Karen behind Secret Squirrel Food is a creative mind, photographer and the sneaky chef behind the popular Instagram account. Her website consists of great collection of recipes that celebrates the pleasures of eating simple, real, natural and wholesome food. Today she shares her delicious recipe: Double Coated Raw Chocolate Dates with us – The Perfect Christmas Treat!
Total servings: 35 dates
½ cup raw cacao butter
2 tbsp raw agave syrup
⅓ cup raw cacao powder
35 dates (pitted)
Assorted nuts (pecans, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts)
Slivered almonds and pistachios (roughly chopped)
1. Carefully slit each date with a knife and stuff with your choice of nuts.
2. Place dates in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes whilst making the raw chocolate.
3. To make raw chocolate, slowly melt raw cacao butter using a double boiler over low heat. Be careful not to overheat.
4. Once cacao butter is melted, add agave syrup and whisk with a fork. Mix well to combine.
5. Add raw cacao powder and keep whisking the chocolate mixture until silky smooth.
6. Line a tray with baking paper. Take the dates out of the freezer and dip into the raw chocolate.
7. Place on lined tray and put back in the freezer for another 15 minutes.
8. Take the dates out of the freezer and again dip into the raw chocolate for the second coat. Roll in slivered almonds and pistachios. Place back onto the tray and into the fridge for 1 hour to set. Enjoy!