Yes, you read that right! Gluten free chocolate brownies! It is indeed possible to re-create a popular household favourite treat without any flour or dairy. Instead, you get to use black beans! No, you will not taste the beans at all in this delicious dessert. These Black Beans Brownies are one of my favourite healthy treats to make at home and to bring to any potluck. I love seeing people’s reaction when I tell them that they just ate some brownies made with no flour and with black beans instead. Their faces are simply priceless. You don’t want to miss out on Sarah’s healthy and delicious brownies!
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed (choose a no-salt version and try to find a BPA free brand)
3 large organic eggs (feel free to use flax eggs to make this recipe vegan)
1/3 cup of organic coconut oil, softened (you can soften your oil, by placing it over a double-boiler for a few seconds)
2 Tbsp of chia seeds
¼ cup of raw cacao powder
2 Tsp of vanilla extract
½ cup of coconut sugar (or 2 to 3 Medjool dates, pre-soaked & turned into a paste in the blender)
½ cup of dark chocolate chips
Optional : ¼ cup of raw cacao nibs or coconut flakes, ¼ cup of dried cherries, ¼ cup of goji berries or ¼ cup of
1. Preheat your oven at 350F. Grease an 8’’ inch baking pan.
2. Place all the ingredients except your dark chocolate chips and optional add-ons into a high power blender or food processor.
3. Blend until you obtain a smooth paste.
4. Mix in your dark chocolate chips and then feel free to add any other toppins of your liking. I love to mix in some raw cacao nibs, walnuts or dried cherries. But the possibilities are endless.
5. Transfer your mixture into the greased pan. Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top or cacao nibs or even goji berries. Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes.
6. Let your brownies cool down before cutting them into little squares. And voilà ! You have yourself some delicious and healthy flourless chocolate brownies. Bon appétit !
Enjoy your gluten free chocolate brownies!