Thanksgiving is here and it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the food and different dishes you haven’t had in a long time. This festivities should not make you feel restricted or stop you from enjoying all delicious food, it should rather be seen as opportunity to practice the mindset; everything in moderation.
Here is your Thanksgiving Food Survival Guide to help preventing you from overeating and weight gain.
- Have a small healthy snack before you go so you aren’t starving when you arrive.
- Don’t skip any meals, because if you do, you tend to feel hungrier later on and more tempted to stuff yourself.
- Be one step ahead – plan your Thanksgiving. Decrease the uncertainty and risks of overeating by having a plan for how you are going to enjoy your Thanksgiving.
- Stay conscious and listen to your hunger signals, only eat when you are hungry.
- Avoid anything processed on the buffet table, focus on vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
- Put all your food on a plate in one go – don’t keep on coming back to the buffet table to pick up unnecessary food.
- Know what your favorite treats are and eat them in small portions, quality rather than quantity – everything in moderation.
- Make sure your Thanksgiving includes some exercise . BeYou gives you the opportunity to work out no matter where you are, all you need is a phone.
Enjoy Your Thanksgiving!