If you need a quick and simple banana bread recipe to make healthy bread for your breakfast or snack, you should try this one! Moreover, the smell of the baking bread in the oven will make your crazy! We know you are going to love it!
🔸½ cup softened butter
🔸1 cup sugar
🔸2 large eggs
🔸3 ripe bananas 🍌
🔸2 cups flour
🔸1 teaspoon baking soda
🔸½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven
- In a large bowl, mix together in a blender the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and add the eggs to the large bowl. Beat the mixture
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl
- Add the dry ingredient (flour, baking soda and salt) to the banana bowl and mix until flour is combined (be careful to not overmix)
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Then reduce the temperature to 150 for an additional 30 minutes until edges are slightly brown.
- Let cool before removing from the loaf pan
Try this fresh recipe of Green Healthy Guacamole for your dinners during summer 🥑
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
🔸1 small white onion
🔸2 avocados (ripe but firm)
🔸1 hand full cilantro leaves
Instructions for Green Healthy Guacamole 🥑
- Peel and finely chop the onion and soak in cold water while preparing the rest (in order to remove the bitterness of the onion).
- Wash and destem cilantro. Chop leaves very finely. Add to bowl.
- Wash tomatoes, deseed and chop into small pieces. Add to bowl.
- Cut avocados in half, take out stone, peel and then cut into small pieces. Add to bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over avocado tomato mix, add drained onion and mix well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Wash and deseed jalapeños and chop very finely and serve mixed in or aside (according to your taste).
PREPARATION: 5 MIN
TOTAL: 35 MIN
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
Delicious recipe of grilled salmon marinated in balsamic and apricot jam homemade sauce. Serve with an Indian mango-lentil salad.
🔸1/2cup balsamic vinegar
🔸2 tablespoons apricot jam
🔸750 grams salmon (side of, about 1-in. thick)
🔸Preheat the grill to medium heat
🔸Mix together the vinegar and the apricot jam in a small saucepan and heat the mixture to medium-high. Boil the mixture about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by half and that you obtain a syrupy liquid.
🔸Oil the grill and sprinkle the salmon with salt and fresh pepper.
🔸Grill the salmon skin-side down with lid open. Insert a knife tip 10 seconds in the thickest part of the fish. If is warm, the salmon is ready (15-17 minutes).
🔸Brush the salmon with the sauce mixture
Have you already tried the energy balls? These energy balls are easy to cook and will give you all the energy you need! The ideal snack to satisfy your hunger between meals!
Ingredients: for 24 energy balls
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup dates, packed (~115 g 3.9 oz)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Mix all the ingredients (except water) in a blender until very smooth.
- Add water and mix again.
- Roll into balls shape (one tablespoonful for each ball).
- Conserve the balls on a plate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
You can adapt this recipe to suit your taste by replacing the sunflower seeds or the pumpkin seeds with nuts, the cranberries with dried grapes or cherries! You can also use Chia seeds instead of flax seeds.
Experiment and create your favorite combination of energy balls!
For 2 people:
🔸 1 banana sliced
🔸 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
🔸 ½ cup fresh pineapple cubes
🔸 ½ cup coconut water
🔸 2 small kiwis peeled and chopped
🔸 2 tablespoons hempseed
🔸 1 Pinch of salt
🔸 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger, optional
🔸 ½ teaspoon raw honey, optional
How to Make It
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, you can add more coconut water and mix again. Then decorate your bowl with some toppings (for example pumpkin seeds, coconut or granola). Serve immediately.
Sun is there and it feels like holidays! So we need the freshness of a Greek Salad!
- 1/2 red onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (large ripe, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 100 grams feta cheese (/3½oz reduced fat, drained and cut into cubes)
- 50 grams black olives (/1¾oz, pitted and drained, in brine not oil and preferably Kalamata olives)
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pita bread (wholemeal, warmed)
- Put the onion, tomatoes, and cucumber in a bowl and season to taste.
- Scatter the feta, olives and mint leaves on top. Sprinkle over the oregano and toss lightly. Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice and serve with warmed pitta bread.
And you have your Greek salad! Enjoy!
Fit Girl’s Kitchen continue sharing another one of her favorite recipes. Granola is not only a satisfying, easy to make and filling, it’s also a nutritious contribution to your breakfast. Hence, it also suits those of you who wants to lose weight. One serving is around half a cup. Enjoy and happy weekend!
In case you didn’t know, pecans are so tasty, they rank number two in popularity only behind peanuts. They offer an amazing benefit to human diet due to their antioxidant activity.
If you love pies and healthy recipes, this pecan gluten-free option will definitely be one of your best choices this season.