Have you already tried the energy balls? These energy balls are easy to cook and will give you all the energy you need! The ideal snack to satisfy your hunger between meals!
Ingredients: for 24 energy balls
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup dates, packed (~115 g 3.9 oz)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Mix all the ingredients (except water) in a blender until very smooth.
- Add water and mix again.
- Roll into balls shape (one tablespoonful for each ball).
- Conserve the balls on a plate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
You can adapt this recipe to suit your taste by replacing the sunflower seeds or the pumpkin seeds with nuts, the cranberries with dried grapes or cherries! You can also use Chia seeds instead of flax seeds.
Experiment and create your favorite combination of energy balls!
For 2 people:
🔸 1 banana sliced
🔸 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
🔸 ½ cup fresh pineapple cubes
🔸 ½ cup coconut water
🔸 2 small kiwis peeled and chopped
🔸 2 tablespoons hempseed
🔸 1 Pinch of salt
🔸 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger, optional
🔸 ½ teaspoon raw honey, optional
How to Make It
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, you can add more coconut water and mix again. Then decorate your bowl with some toppings (for example pumpkin seeds, coconut or granola). Serve immediately.
Sun is there and it feels like holidays! So we need the freshness of a Greek Salad!
- 1/2 red onion (small, thinly sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (large ripe, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cucumber (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 100 grams feta cheese (/3½oz reduced fat, drained and cut into cubes)
- 50 grams black olives (/1¾oz, pitted and drained, in brine not oil and preferably Kalamata olives)
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pita bread (wholemeal, warmed)
- Put the onion, tomatoes, and cucumber in a bowl and season to taste.
- Scatter the feta, olives and mint leaves on top. Sprinkle over the oregano and toss lightly. Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice and serve with warmed pitta bread.
And you have your Greek salad! Enjoy!
Fit Girl’s Kitchen continue sharing another one of her favorite recipes. Granola is not only a satisfying, easy to make and filling, it’s also a nutritious contribution to your breakfast. Hence, it also suits those of you who wants to lose weight. One serving is around half a cup. Enjoy and happy weekend!
In case you didn’t know, pecans are so tasty, they rank number two in popularity only behind peanuts. They offer an amazing benefit to human diet due to their antioxidant activity.
If you love pies and healthy recipes, this pecan gluten-free option will definitely be one of your best choices this season.
Do you want something different than that apple or banana? Something more filling and satisfying? Try this low calorie snack: Yogurt with apple and cocoa.
The creamy yogurt – which is a great protein and fat source, is perfect with the apple, which is a good carb-source. The cocoa is rich in magnesium and iron, among many other vitamin and minerals.
Try it before your workout and get more out of it. Click here for more snack-ideas!
This salmon & avocado sandwich is to die for and it’s ready in no time!
A few healthy ingredients and less then 10 minutes and you’ll have a mouthwatering lunch ready.
If you are looking for more ideas and recipes, visit our recipes section . Or make it even more convenient on busy weekdays and follow your personalized meal plan. But first, let’s try this recipe out!
This is the perfect savory breakfast alternative: Scrambled eggs with vegetables. Tasty and ready in just 10 minutes.
This recipe is loaded with protein and vegetables filled with fiber, which will make you full until lunch.